Wednesday, January 9, 2008

om time

om time centers for yoga practice, trainings, supplies, community and inspiration

Jan 8, 2008

Message from Shannon

The Ransom Note of Dreams

New Years would not be New Years without a pair of scissors and a glue stick.
Sitting down the other evening, New Year's Day, with my husband and business partner, we cut out snippets and words, and letters and images of WHAT WE WANT to manifest this coming year.

We played like kindergartners as the collages began to take shape. Upon the last image glued in the last perfect inspired space on the poster board, I gazed. How is it, that life can offer so much color? How is it that I can want so much from one year? How is it that all of these feelings, people, places, and goals are POSSIBLE?
Because, they are. The universe just SAYS YES.

How cool.

The universe remembers you, even when you forget. The universe answers the call of whatever is plastered across your mind. The universe does not know the difference between what you want and what you do not want, it just feels the power of your minds manifesting energy. I have learned this through years and years of study, noting that my worrying practice manifested many of my worst fears into pure truths. I have learned this through years and years of study, noting that my visioning and daydreaming practices brought me everything gorgeous and loving that my heart and mind dared to consider.

The mind just moves. The mind just thinks. What I want my mind to think is deeply my own responsibility. I sit DAILY in a decision post of how I am going to claim my dreams. I sit in a space of choosing to either worry about all of the possible dramas and obstacles that may arise or dreaming about what it will feel like to have the dreams come true.

This year, as I stare at my vision board, I realize that I created a visual RANSOM note for my soul. I have 365 days to respond to these dreams. If I choose to ignore these demands, my heart will have grave consequences. Since my lifetime is at stake, I am complying to the terms of the ransom.

I sit here… envisioning and dreaming… BIG.

To create a vision board for yourself, follow these easy and FUN steps:

  1. Collect all of your favorite magazines, a glue stick, and pair of scissors.
  2. Secure a piece of poster board, any size and color you choose, the bigger, of course, the better.
  3. Flip through the magazines and begin to cut out words and phrases and images of places, inspirations, colors, themes, intentions, and goals you would like to MANIFEST in the coming year and your life in general. DROP any worries about HOW or WHY or WHEN… just cut them out.
  4. When you have cut as many snippets of success, happiness, and love as you desire, begin to organize on the poster board and glue them down.
  5. Once complete, take a long and inspired gander at the coming brilliance of ALL that you are inspired to experience.
  6. Place the completed vision board in a conspicuous space in your home or office.
  7. Commit to a visioning practice of 2 – 5 minutes a day: wherein, you commit to looking at these images and holding space for them AS IF THEY WERE YOUR PRESENT moment experience.

Dream BIG.
If there were ever a time to dare,
to make a difference,
to embark on something worth doing, it is now.

Not for any grand cause, necessarily —
but for something that tugs at your heart,
something that’s your aspiration,
something that’s your dream.

You owe it to yourself to make your days here count.
Have fun.
Dig deep.
Stretch.

Dream big.
Know, though, that things worth doing seldom come easily.
There will be good days.
And there will be bad days.
There will be times when you want to turn around,
pack it up, and call it quits.
Those times tell you that you are pushing yourself,
that you are not afraid to learn by trying.

Persist.
Because with an idea,
determination, and the right tools,
you can do great things.
Let your instincts,
your intellect,
and your heart guide you.

Trust.
Believe in the incredible power of the human mind.
Of doing something that makes a difference.
Of working hard.
Of laughing and hoping.
Of lazy afternoons.
Of lasting friends.
Of all the things that will cross your path this year.

The start of something new brings the hope of something great.
Anything is possible.
There is only one you.
And you will pass this way only once.

Do it right.
~~~ Author Unknown








Be Inspiring!







No comments: