Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bali All Seasons






Bali 4/6/08

so its hot here...like really really hot!!! I try to go out and walk around and explore every morning but have to end up collapsed in some bar or restaurant seeking air or a breeze!!! I cannot stand dripping in sweat and being this hot!!! So in the water I go. The beach was fun this morning...tons of surfers and great waves for miles, the sets of waves are cool here as the ocean goes completely flat between sets and then picks up again and whammy waves!!! Some pretty rad surfers here too!

The All Seasons hotel where we are for 4 nights is smallish and very retro....The pool area is nice but not as big as I would like...but whatever...I head to the spa here for the Shirodara treatment. Shirodara is where the warm oil is poured on you third eye, it is suppose to relax you and clear your mind..and the oil is really good for your hair too....It was pretty cool, started with my hair being soaked in hot oil and my scalp, head, neck and shoulders getting massaged, then arms, hands and chest...then the oil...feels really cool and warm..I really didn't want it to stop and it was over too soon...bummer....perfect ending to the day tho....

It had been raining really hard before the spa, like downpour...and when I was walking around to get to the spa the streets out behind the hotel were completely flooded...people were still riding their motorcycles with the water up past their feet, up to the seat on the bike!!! The next street over there were people walking in thigh deep water...crazy....when I came back out the water was pretty much gone..

No comments: