Sunday, April 13, 2008

Osaka Japan

Osaka Japan

Well my flight left Bali on time and I had a 6 & 1/2 hour movie fest with little sleep. I was the only person who was not Japanese on my whole 747!! full flight and I was the only other nationality on board...strange..and the breakfast they served even stranger!!! I had drifted off and when I came to I was being served seaweed, some sort of fish and another thing I did not recognize..a bowl of plain noodles, and a bowl of rice with water flooding it and some yellow things floating in the rice, a small bottle of noodle sauce, one of soy sauce and yay some fruit!!!so I had a bit of fruit.

I arrive at the airport and none of the signs are in english..they are in many different symbol languages tho...and finally I find one in english!! I find my way to my gate only to find out my 4 hour layover has turned into 8 and 1/2 hours!!! Now to figure out how I am going to make my connections....sit down...breathe...imagine somehow it will work....the girl at the counter thinks she has solved my problem and re booked my flight to Laguardia..then I tell her I have another connection from NY to Burlington Vermont..???!!! now she is lost!!! I hand over all my itineraries and she tels me to have a seat!!

Osaka I can see out the window...lots of mountains and many big buildings...big city, all on the water. I can see a bunch of big long span bridges and a huge Ferris wheel!! I didn't imagine all the mountains tho....it is very hazy out here.

I walk around trying to waste time...can't even shop, everything here is outrageously priced..I know what is in all the shops tho! Try to find something to eat and there are only 2 restaurants and they have those displays of the plastic food..all of which looks completely not edible...I end up with edaname and some frenchfries and onion rings..mmmm... I cannot wait to leave!!

No comments: