Friday, April 11, 2008

Bali Last Day





4.11.08
last day in Bali....
Glad I thought to look at my ticket..I was thinking I left on Saturday night the 12th...well the flight was actually at 12:50am on the 12th....friday night..yup..close one!!
Spent my last day enjoyin the pool and the beach...another beautiful and hot day....crazy that you have to lay in the shade and still end up burnt...or super brown in my case....Met an Aussie lady today in Bali to visit her grandkids, her son married a girl from indonesia, she was telling me all the stories of cultural differences and the rituals and wedding they had, very traditional Javanese...quite a story...the grandfather of the bride has a calender of 350 years and he has to check it to find out if the 2 are an excellent match..there is all this criteria..the Mom asked what if they are just a good match? grandpa said they would ship the girl of to another island until her son left for good..crazy...and the grooms whole family had to go to meet the brides family before they could marry, they thought maybe because they were different religions and it might be a problem, but really it was because he was the eldest son and they wanted to make sure their daughter was good enough for their son...Grandpa also piked the day they married based on the calender, and since the day was in February, the rainy season, they had to slaughter a chicken and so a dance and offering to the gods and stick the chicken on a pole and drive all over town so it would not rain on the day of the wedding. Very interesting stories she had!!!

3pm I was off to the Sofitel and Le Spa. I will end my vacation with a 90 minute special facial....and boy was it special...one of the most amazing facials I have ever had...actually I think it is the most amazing one!! It started with a full body massage...really nice...different than any I have had since being here..then the facial...each step had a different smell...it was the aromoplasty facail and it was!!! the smells were brilliant and relaxing and this girl had amazing hands...ahhhhhhhhh, My skin feels so good and I am mush!!

Saw a lovely sunset tonight...the beach was packed...it was Friday night and all the Balinese people come to the beach on the weekends, people were everywhere...

We decided to go back to Gado Gado again for dinner, one more dinner by the sea....and it was incredible again...we both ordered different dishes and they we excellent again..A lovely way to end my days in Bali..

No comments: