Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bali Aston Resort and Spa





3.27 Bali Aston Resort and Spa

Love it here!!!! Got a glimpse of sunrise this morning, gorgeous over the ocean...Breakfast is included with our $54 dollar a night room and I think the breakfast is worth $20 of that...what a spread!!!! (H think Le Blanc Spa) There were more food stations than I knew what to do with..yum....so we ate and ate and won't have to eat again until dinner!!! The grounds of the hotel are stunning..see some pics..gardens and carvings and flowers and ponds everywhere, also a really cool pool and waterfalls leading into a "
grotto"- little benches and steps to lounge on all over the pool..beautiful...I spent the next few hours in the pool just blissing out waiting around for my first spa appointment in Bali!!!

I decided on the Aston Combo at the spa...starts with a steam and plunge shower, then I am taken to the waiting area and served some sort of yummy spice tea and cucumber water, there are fresh ylang ylang and plumeria flowers on all the tables giving off a yummy smell in the room..Shri comes to get me for my 2 and 1/2 hours of joy!!! First up 60 minutes of a Balinese massage with scented balinese flowers and spices in oil rubbed all over, not a muscle missed, I was drooling into the lovely bowl of plumeria floating below my head where I can see it thru the hole in the table...Next was an hour facial, yummy homemade cleansers and toners and masks and a long pressure point and lymphatic drainage massage of the face and skull..heaven...as the mask was drying I drifted away for a while until I woke myself up with a snort of a sigh???? I don't think I could be more relaxed...until...the herbal scrub!! Ground up herbs and flowers in a scrub rubbed all over the body and allowed to sit and soak in and slough off dead skin...than up and out on the porch of the room for an outdoor shower pouring out of a huge urn standing on a path of marble squares set in a bed of small white stones..after drying off I was slathered with moisturizers and sat down for a final flower foot bath and cup of stewed ginger and honey....I am ruined...all this for $60!!!!!!!!!! I think I will never leave this heaven...ever...and I haven't even left the hotel yet!!! just wait...Joy pure joy!!!

No comments: