Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 3 Byron Bay






3.9.08 Byron Day 3
Back to the beach today and meet up with Steve to go surfin. He surf's off the shipwreck...Old boat stickin up outta the sea...danger...

another beautiful day of sun and fun...we hand swim and he surf's...waves are too big for me today...but I have fun watching and playing in the waves...We meet up with some of his other friends and stay at the beach a while and then head over to The Beach Hotel..or Beachie as the locals call it...4 to 8 a band...GREAT reggae band...best in Australia according to the rastas I met at the bar who are transplants from Jamaica...Firefall...they were so fun


After Beachie when the band ends, everyone moves to Railz...tonight is Krishna Jones playing...another rockin band...this town is sooo cool, I would never work tho..cause there is so much to do. I guess Jack Johnson just bought property down the road from here and Steve saw him on the beach one night and he played 2 songs, just hangin....guess he comes around a bit...I was askin cause I knew he has shows coming up this month around Oz...I was trying to make the the one in Brisbane on the 16th but I will be on boat sailing the Whitsunday Islands..bummer..

Anyway it would be so much more fun just to bump into him....

Steve and I get along really well, he is a sweet soul and we talk like we have been friends for a long time..strange how some people are just drawn to each other... We leave Railz when the band is done and head to the park and hang out and talk..good night..

No comments: