Saturday, March 8, 2008

day 2 Byron Bay






3-8-08
Byron Bay
I got up this morning and headed out to explore the funky little town of Byron Bay...The main street is busy with people, shops, cafes and surfers heading to the beach...me too...

Byron Bay's main street leads up to the beach...a little park and then the lovely beach, going on forever in both directions. Mt Warning is a left over volcano plug at one end of the beach and the highest point in New South Wales, the Aussie state we are in at the moment. I pick my spot on the soft sand and settle in for some people watching..lots of people...tons of surfer's and boogie boarders...a yoga class on the grass..heaven!! It is gorgeous and sunny, bright blue skies...apparently it has been overcast and raining alot this summer..but we have lucked out as the weather has been fabulous everywhere we have been!!!

I hop in the ocean for a swim and some fun in the waves and surf...yay!!

I finally leave the beach and head back thru town, stopping at all the little shops..suddenly there is a parade of bikes outside..with nudie riders cruisin thru town, with a little body paint here and there the rest all skin!!! too funny...about 20 nudes just cruisin around town on their bikes..not sure why but who cares...They swing by a few more times as I make my way back to see if Russell s awake yet...

Tonight we cruise back over to Railz for some dinner cause we know there will be live music...the food and the band are great...and once again the place is hoppin...tonight the band is the soul shakers...they are good and everyone is dancing...A very cool surfer boy is in my seat when I get back from the bar...Steve is an Aussie boy, living and surfin in Byron.

No comments: